Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Break

This week is Spring Break week for lots of schools in our area. Weather is finally warming up a little here in Michigan. Crocuses (shouldn't it be croci?)are peeping through the leafy brown earth.  What a joy to see them !!  Nature is a common inspiration for artists .  It isn't any wonder.  Nature is dazzling this time of year ...not so much for the color , yet, but for the metamorphosis below and above ground that seems to excite all of nature.  It spurs the imagination .
I am not writing about fabric collage today because I have some sewing projects with deadlines that are looming over me and I cannot do what I would rather do. That does allow me to take a step back from pieces I am working on in fabric collage, though.  I find that is a good thing.  Taking time to stop a piece of artwork and get some distance from it often gives me a fresh perspective and attitude  and helps me to improve the piece when I return to it.  


Life imitates art far more than art imitates Life.
Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment